Community Manager is the face of a company, managing communications in both directions. This Candidate will responsible for all communications, PR, social media, events, and content creation, among other things.
It’s a communications role, incorporating online tools and in-person networking to create relationships and ultimately build the company’s brand, both online and off.
While every day as a Community Manager is different, this is what the role’s responsibilities may include:
1. Content creation - writing blog posts, articles, newsletters, communications materials, and material for social media channels
2. Social media marketing – creating, managing and growing the company’s presence through blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and other strategically relevant online properties
3. Events and event planning – attending industry events in your city (often outside of 9-5 hours) and planning meetups for your community
4. Public relations – managing incoming media requests and building relationships with industry events; creating, executing and measuring media campaigns
5. Customer relations – the Community Manager is often responsible for customer support – answering questions however they come in (phone, e-mail, Facebook & Twitter) and managing any online feedback forums.
6. Communications/marketing strategy – the Community Manager is responsible for creating strategic marketing/communications plans to provide direction for the company’s public-facing communications
7. Analytics – Using Google Analytics and other measurement tools to provide reports on metrics, and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives
8. Business development - a Community Manager can also be responsible for business development and sales
• Actively participates in a wide variety of social media activities such as blogging, community development and management, social bookmarking, commenting, etc.
• Understanding of popular social networks – design, functionality, users
• Demonstrated ability to produce community management guidelines and documents that reflects the holistic understanding and implementation of the role of social media and its effects.
• Proficiency in PowerPoint and presentation tools and skills.
• Exceptional communication skills
• Very high attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
• 2 to 3 years of experience managing social media platforms or communities for brands
• Undergraduate degree in communications, marketing, advertising, public relations, media studies, business and/or related fields.